Great Falls High School graduate, 1953
Princeton University, BA, Biology with high honors, 1957
Stanford University, PhD, Biology, 1965
- 1964-1970 Assistant Professor of Genetics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- 1970-1974 Department Head, Zoology and Entomology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- 1975-1994 Associate Professor of Zoology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- 1994-Present Emeritus Professor of Zoology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana
- 1975-Present President and Manager, Dana Ranch Company, Incorporated, Cascade, MT
- 1957-1959 United States Army. Member of team launching first monkey into space.
- 1968-1972 Trustee and Secretary, Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory, Crested Butte, CO.
- 1992-Present Member, Animal Health Committee, Montana Stockgrowers Association, Augusta, MT.
- 1993-Present Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, McLaughlin Research Institute, Great Falls, MT.
- 1993 The Wildlife Society, Outstanding Research in Wildlife Genetics Award.
Population and evolutionary genetics, human genetics, livestock health and bison issues, endangered species issues, and private property rights issues.